Friday, February 26, 2010

Feb 24, 2010 James Dinner

Jon came and got me for this picture. James had decided he was going to fix his own dinner. Grapes, bologne and an apple. He requested assistance with opening a can of black olives.
Jesse wanted peaches. Or rather she wanted to drink the juice.

My independent little ones are growing up so quickly. This is not the first time they have fixed their own meals. Jesse is about 2 years away from being able to cook pancakes by herself. She can mix everything, but cooking on the griddle is not happening quite yet. A few weeks ago she was helping me cook pancakes and I told her NOT to touch the griddle was hot. She looked at me and touched her finger to it. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

hippiehooker said...

There once were two little horsie-riders,
Who wore black olives on their fingers;
Gamoo made lunch,
kids went Munch;
They grew up,
And didn't forget.
They passed on
Their love for humdingers!

Butterflie said...

Aww, love that they make semi healthy choices. Ok, peach juice not withstanding. But James was doing great!

I hear you on them growing quickly, Caitlyn wants to cook all by herself so badly.

We had a curling iron incidence similar to the griddle today. I said "Don't touch, it's hot!" She touches, and quietly says "I touched it" "What did I tell you?" "Uh, not to touch it" lol poor kids.

gardenofsimple said...

oh - cute!